24 Hour Pass: $0.99* (only $0.11/day if you subscribe for a year)
Monthly: $4.99 (only $3.33/mo if you subscribe for a year)
Yes, we prefer that you get a one-year subscription instead of a one-month subscription. A yearly subscription is your best value (a savings of nearly $20 compared to a monthly subscription). A yearly subscription also helps us plan for coverage and improvements in the long term.
We use a service called Transact to accept payments for individual articles and subscriptions. When you subscribe, you will be creating a Transact account (and they will give you $3 in free credit).
You can also use your Transact account to give a subscription to anyone with an email address. Just go to your account and choose your gift.
* – Imagine if you bought a newspaper, and you not only got all of that days’ news, but all the news that was published before then.
What is Transact?
Transact is a new micropayment processing service created just for publishers.
The Peninsula Chronicle uses Transact to collect payments to unlock individual articles on our site, and for yearly subscriptions.
Think of Transact as your online debit card. Once you have created and funded your account, you use it to unlock content you want to see on Peninsula Chronicle and other publishers using the Transact service.
Transact uses the same web security as banks and will never share your information.
Learn more about Transact.
How to Use Transact
1. Create a free account. Only information required to service your account is collected.
2. Fund your account. Transact accepts all major credit cards, debit cards and Apple Pay. To get you started, Transact gives you $3 in free credit when you sign up.
3. Stay logged into Transact, and visit Peninsula Chronicle in a new tab.
4. Click on stories you’d like to read. Some articles on our site are free and others require payments to unlock – for as little as 5 cents. If you have an active subscription, the articles will automatically appear for free.
5. To unlock an article, click on the “Purchase” button to get instant access. Your payment will automatically be deducted from your Transact account. If you subscribe, you don’t have to unlock articles.
6. Add more funds as needed. Small amounts – a few dollars at a time – will unlock several articles.
7. Any articles you unlock will show up in your Purchase History in Transact.
*- We do plan to have sponsors, which is sort of an ad, but they will just be static displays that show you the local businesses that also support the Chronicle.
Please send us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions, comments or concerns.