Riverside Health System will host several Facebook Live events in October in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Each event, which all will begin at 12pm, will be a 15-minute Q&A session to answer questions on the following topics:
- Breast Self-Awareness, Clinical Exams & Mammography (Wednesday, October 6): Understanding the three components of early breast cancer detection may save your life or the life of those you love
- Disparities in Breast Cancer Outcomes for racial and minority groups (Wednesday, October 13): Minority groups experience higher rates of death from breast cancer. Learn what we are doing to eliminate barriers to early diagnosis and improve outcomes for all patients.
- Risk Factors for Breast Cancer and when to consider Genetic Testing (Wednesday, October 20): There are some risk factors within your control, and others like family history, you cannot influence.
- Breast Cancer in Younger Women (Wednesday, October 27): At a stage of life focused on family or career, younger women diagnosed with breast cancer face unique challenges
- To join in the conversations, click here.